A Thanksgiving Story
Four deer ran across the road as I was driving. Darted, in single file. I slowed to let them pass. It’s below freezing and hunters prowl the fields this time of year. The deer met a fence on the far side of the road. The first three deer, full-sized adults, sprang over the fence with ease. The much smaller fourth deer froze in mid stride when it realized it couldn’t make it over. It hopped left and right along the fence looking for a way to catch up as the others sprinted into the woods. Then I drove away.
Lesser-Known Musical Instruments of History
Based on a type of body bag developed during the Dark Ages that was used to carry plague victims, the musician lays in the sealed bag and uses a series of harmonious coughs, screams, and gurgles to play the instrument. Advanced flux-baggists…
The Original Ten Commandments
1. Thou shalt not eat rocks.
2. Thou shalt not eat small rocks, pebbles, sand, or chunks broken from boulders.
3. Thou shalt not eat your own flesh, even if, and especially it is separated from your body and or rotting.
4. Thou shalt not eat the hair or…
Yahoo Grades My 7 Yr Old Daughter’s Draft
Draft Grade: D
Ouch. Prove these ratings wrong by nominating yourself for the Toyota Hall of Fame.
Despite selecting in the top half of the first round (second overall), Jenny looks a little soft on paper. They’re projected to finish fourth in Civil War League with a record of 0-17-0 (78 points). Jenny addressed their need for signal callers immediately, using their first two selections to acquire QBs Brady Quinn (2nd overall) and Tim Tebow (6th). They ended up with the lowest-scoring set of RBs in the league, as they scooped up Owen Marecic, Corey McIntyre, Owen Schmitt, and Lousaka Polite for their rotation.
- Risk Lover: Jenny would play well in Vegas; they rolled the dice on 14 gambles in 17 picks.
- Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Tyler Clutts with the 66th pick gave Jenny the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
- Ending with a Whimper: Jenny didn’t end the night the way they might have liked, ending up with the fewest projected points in the league over the second half of the draft.